Comment on page
The Age of Calamitous (AOC)
This mod serves as a complimentary expansion to the main game, introducing new content, feats, systems, and much more!
This mod serves as a complimentary expansion to the main game, introducing new content, feats, systems, and much more! Dive into an adventure where the barbaric lands of Conan meet the medieval world of the Age of Calamitous. It is a story set in a fictional world where the medieval and renaissance era is merged into a unique combination. Realism is the foundation of the world itself, but with additional fantasy elements. Here is a list of some additions to the game: Six different playable Factions Additional Character Creation Options Stacks increased for Items & Resources Weight changes for Items & Resources UI modifications Hundreds of new Decorations, Props, Items, Weapons, etc. Many new Crafting Stations, Feats & Recipes New Level Cap 120 (Ascension 101-120), and Special content from The Age of Calamitous And much more!
Just like before, the Player is starting out in the sand dunes of the Exiled Lands, Same old song and dance with Conan the Barbarian. This mod was designed to add to the Experience of the Exiled Lands and the developers do not want to take to much away from that experience. So the First thing you should Prioritize is selection of your Faction.
Sub factions may require lvl. 80 in some cases to join. Factions do not require a lvl. to join. But some feats may have lvl. requirements. Magic has Faction, Feat, and level requirements, all of which have been added to the spell charts.
This is the official Armor Guide for AoC.
Written and monitored by the AoC Team.
Bobby's Sanctuary- Specialty Vendor:
Bobby is a unique vendor who offers special items as well as the option to hire Sir Lanis Brunhild and himself as personal merchants. You can also choose to fight Bobby and Sir Lanis by stepping in the portal behind his throne.
Underwater Cave Guide By @Vyl of the AoC Discord. This guide contains spoilers on the information related to the AOC Underwater Cavern which you may want to find out organically.
CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE Underwater Cave Guide
Other Specialty Vendors:
Honor Vendor In the Faction Hall, H2
Loyalty Vendor- This unique vendor offers Loyalty items that can be bought with Loyalty Tokens. Please use the Loyalty tokens you get from the Pippi kit here. She can normally be found inside the Faction Hall, H2.
Market Trader (Takes your Profession "Bundles") To your right up the street when exiting Conan's Bar. City of Sepermeru in B7
Market Trader (Takes your Profession "Bundles") Found on the coast in Buccaneer's Bay. M7
George McWillan (Farming Recipes) In the Stormhold Camp in the Jungle of M7.
Camilla Redwood (Certificate of Exotic Animals) In a cottage in the Stormhold encampment in the Unnamed City D/E5.
UPDATE XXVI – There are a lot of changes coming in this update, including 2 new systems:
- New Merchant System
- New Coin Pouch System
The new update is here and it comes with some massive overhauls to various parts of the mod! Let’s start off with the first major change:
The Crown Currency.
The Crown currency is replacing Tin, Copper, Silver, and Gold coins. Instead of the old system where you had to exchange between coin types, the new approach will be more streamlined.
The token currencies will remain the same: Loyalty Tokens, Honor Tokens, Arena Tokens, Guild Tokens, and Skeley Coins.
The old system will be phased out moving forward. The Currency Exchange will no longer support exchanging up to Copper, Silver, and Gold, but you can exchange down into the Crown coin. The Crown Coin is the equivalent of the Tin Coin, which means all your Tin Coins will automatically change into Crowns.
New Merchant System
Alongside this change, we’ve created a completely new Merchant System for the mod! The old vendors will be phased out moving forward and will be completely replaced by the new Merchants.
The old merchants will still use the old currency, but all the items will also be available through the new merchants. The new merchants will be in the Faction Hall as well as out in the world. (They’re not currently spawnable by admins so they’re not supported on other maps besides the Exiled Lands just yet).
These merchants will have options to buy and sell items, making them more performance-friendly compared to the old method, which required custom recipes for selling items. Do note that due to time restraints, there may be some inconsistencies here and there. We’ll try to iron out any bugs/issues that may arise in the coming weeks.
New Coin Pouch System
On top of that, we’re introducing the Coin Pouch system! A way for you to store all AoC currency through the new Character tab inside the AoC Features Menu.
When you’re buying items from merchants, the coins will be pulled directly from your coin pouch. And vice versa, when you sell items, the coins will be stored in your coin pouch.
You will have the option to deposit and withdraw coins whenever you wish. Do note that in its current state, it will be required to have coins inside your coin pouch when buying items from merchants. Having coins in the inventory won’t count.
We’ve made a server setting to disable the Coin Pouch, but do note that it will prevent the use of AoC merchants. This might be preferable if you’re using your own custom merchants through other mods. We aim to expand upon the Coin Pouch system with more options and settings moving forward.
NOTE: In the mods current state, it will be required to have coins inside your coin pouch when buying items from merchants. Having coins in the inventory won’t count. Copper coins, Silver coins, Gold coins, and Moon-silver will be phased out moving forward. Use the Corwin Coinflipper to exchange your AOC coin, into the new Currency: Crowns! Corwin is available in the Faction Hall – Market Hall. He will only exchange coins into crowns
NOTE: Complete Overhaul of the Quest System, and Tutorial system. and a Magic System Overhaul. The old Google sheets guides will take time to be update if they update at all. For uptodate, current infromation on AOC quests, please see the AOC Discord, https://discord.gg/the-age-of-calamitous-318931492564893696
– Improved Mod Compatibility – Optimization and Performance improvements – Overhauled lighting and post-processing – Overhauled the Currency System (Copper coins, Silver coins, Gold coins, and Moonsilver will be phased out moving forward. Use the Master of Coin to exchange into the new Currency: Crowns) – Overhauled the Quest System – Reworked Tutorial Quests – Reworked Magic Shrines – Reworked Profession Payments – Reworked all Magic Orbs – Reworked Faction feats – Renamed Magic Ascensions – Renamed Holy Power Gems to Divine Power Gems – Updated armor for Stormhold Thralls – Updated armor for Cold Embrace Thralls – Updated Loot Pool for Elvanor NPCs – Updated AI on various AoC NPCs – Updated collision on various AoC Interactable's – Updated Main Menu with a new option to customize the menu – Updated various Magic Feats to be listed in the Sorcery tab – Updated stats for Azaheryon Armor – Updated starting armor at Vanquished Coast – Fixed several issues with weapon reach for various AoC weapons – Fixed an issue with Soul Magic Heavy Attack – Fixed various bugs
– Reworked Akachena Heads – Reworked Stryth Heads – Reworked Ghoul Heads – Reworked Vanghoul Heads – Added support for eye color customization on all custom heads (If you’re experiencing not having a visible head, you can update your head type at the Character Customization station in the Faction Hall or any station that allows customization.)
– Added Coin Pouch (Accessed from AoC Features Menu – Character tab) – Added New Merchant System
– Added Gem Node
– Added Great Tome of the Ancient Arts – Added Key to the Pit (Dungeon item) – Added Essence Power Gem – Added Tome of Essence Attunement – Added Tome of Essence Ascension Vol. 1 – Added Tome of Essence Ascension Vol. 2 – Added Tome of Essence Ascension Vol. 3 – Added Tome of Essence Ascension Vol. 4
– Added Dark Mage – Added Cultist Mage – Added Dark Sorceress – Added Sucineph – Added Arena Master Thalos – Added Craftsmaster Thorian – Added Magister Quinlan Darkhorn – Added Spellweaver Myrial – Added Liora Silkweaver – Updated various NPC attacks – Updated visuals of various NPCs
– Updated Quest Log – Updated Quest Giver – Updated Main Menu – Updated Game Tutorials – Updated Faction Statue Interactions
– Updated Vanquished Beach (Starting Zone) – Updated Character Creation – Updated lighting for Faction Hall – Updated lighting for Forsaken Mountain – Updated lighting for Dark Forest – Updated lighting for Underwater Cavern – Updated lighting for Vanquished Beach – Updated lighting for Devil Mountain – Updated Forsaken Mountain – Pit of Keldora – Updated Akachena Elf Head for Male and Female – Updated Stryth Elf Head for Male and Female – Updated Ghoul Head for Male and Female – Updated Vanghoul Head for Male and Female – Updated Faction feat icons – Updated Sub-Faction feat icons – Updated Faction Construction feat icons – Updated Faction Gear feat icons – Updated Attunement Tomes icons – Updated Ascension Tomes icons – Updated Magic Book icons – Updated brightness of various magic spells
– Updated Magic Quests – Reworked Tutorial Quests
– Fixed an issue with Dispatch Board using old coins in recipes – Fixed an issue with hairline textures on some of the new heads – Fixed an issue with Faction Storyline quests having the wrong prerequisites – All previous currency and merchant feats will now be automatically unlocked and hidden – Master of Coin will be able to exchange up and down, but he will not be available for crafting (This is to allow servers running other maps to still utilize the old merchants until the new ones can be supported on other maps. Admins can place down the Master of Coin, and he will be able to give the old merchants to players like the Faction Contractors did before)
– Added Corwin Coinflipper (This NPC will work like the Master of Coin and he will be available in the Faction Hall – Market Hall. He will only exchange coins into crowns)
STRIDER has a special quest for each of the 5 Professions in AOC for you to gain all of the professions. For each Profession Quested he will give you a special token that gives the player that Professions beginning feat. You may only Quest one Profession at a time. And cannot receive the quest until you are level 60.
Hunters Quest: 100 Dragonbone, 5 Blood of the Devil Bear, 2 Cursed Undead Remains, 1 Scourge Crocodile Head, 100 AoC Tin coins Farmers Quest: 4 Fiery-Hot Sea-Fish Feast, 5 Fiery-Hot Grubs, 1 Caviar, 20 Sausage, 100 AoC Tin coins Forestry Quest: 75 Golden Lotus, 500 Insulated Wood, 120 Dragonfern, 50 Shroom Amanita, 100 AOC Tin Coins Miners Quest: 30 Silver Bar, 10 Crescent Steel Bar, 100 Onyx, 50 Uncut Emerald, 100 AOC Tin Coins Moonshiners Quest: 10 Witch's Brew, 5 Ghost Wine, 10 Dragonfern Whiskey, 10 Crinila Surprise, 100 AOC Tin Coins